Before school started this year, I wrote this blog post about one of my goals for this school year, which is to incorporate more educational social networks into my classroom. I decided to give the free version of schoology a whirl this year and so far I have been LOVING it! Here are some of the things I've been loving so far:
Create class calendars to keep everyone informed:
- Students and parents can see the calendar for their particular class.
- Students who are absent due to illness, athletic participation, or other situation can easily stay on track.
- Teachers can easily use the calendar from the website, app, printable version, or exported version to organize curriculum and turn in lesson plans.
Each Calendar Entry Can Expand to Show Daily Agenda and HW:
Quickly Share Content with Students:
- Organize content into folders
- Create Online Class Discussions
- Create Assignments
- Create Quizzes/Formative Assessments
- Everything can be graded easily and exported to your grade book!
- See upcoming plans that are automatically synched with your calendar.
Easily keep up with Schoology Best Practices through Following the Offical Blog and Other Like Minded Educators:
Update Students Who Will Be Alerted Through Push Notifications on their Device:
- Share links that your discuss in class
- Take informal polls
- Give students a safe place to ask questions and get help.
So far, schoology has been a marked improvement in my class this year! It is keeping us connected, reducing paper usage, and allowing for more balanced participation from all students. What do you think? Are you using schoology? I'd love to hear your perspectives!